SCIENTIFIC PAPERS PRESENTED AT MEETINGS:
1. Sammis, T.W. and E.G. Hanson. 1978. Potato and lettuce response to irrigation methods and practices. Presented at the 1978 Summer Meeting of the ASAE at Utah State Univ., Logan, Utah, June 27-30. ASAE Tech. Paper No. 78-2020.
2. Sammis, T.W. 1979. Verification of an alfalfa model (SIMED) under limited moisture conditions. Presented at the 1979 Summer Meeting of ASAE and Canadian Soc. of Agric. Engrs. at University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada, June 24-27. Paper No. 79-2094.
3. Sammis, T.W. 1980. Crop production functions for alfalfa and cotton. Presented at the 1980 Summer Meeting of the ASAE at the San Antonio Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas, June 15-18. Paper No. 80-2089.
4. Sammis, T.W. and E.G. Hanson. 1980. The importance of crop-production functions in evaluating consumptive use of water. Proceedings of the 25th Annual New Mexico Water Conference, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, April 24-25, p. 32-58.
5. Sammis, T.W. 1981. Comparison of evapotranspiration computed by the Blaney-Criddle method and using crop-production functions. Presented at the 1981 Summer Meeting of the ASAE at the Sheraton-Twin Towers, Orlando, Florida, June 21-24. Paper No. 81-2095.
6. Sammis, T.W. 1981. Yield of alfalfa as influenced by irrigation. Presented at the Western Alfalfa Improvement Conference, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, June 1-2.
7. Kallsen, C.E., T.W. Sammis, E.J. Gregory. 1982. Nitrogen fertility and water-use efficiency of spring barley. Presented at the 1982 Summer Meeting of the ASAE, Univ., of Wisconsin-Madison, June 27-30. Paper No. 82-2041.
8. Sammis, T.W., A.S. Abdul-Jabber, and D.G. Lugg. 1983. Influence of available soil water on modeling crop growth. Presented at the Summer Meeting of ASAE at Montana State Univ., Bozeman, Montana, June 26-29. ASAE Tech. Paper No. 83-2125.
9. Abdul-Jabbar, A.S. D.G. Lugg, and T.W. Sammis. 1984. Relationship between crop water stress index and alfalfa yield and evapotranspiration. Presented at the Winter Meeting of ASAE at New Orleans, LA, December. ASAE Tech. Paper No. 84-2617.
10. Sammis, T.W., W.R. Riley, and D.G. Lugg. 1986. Crop water stress index of pecans. Presented at the 1986 Summer Meeting of ASAE at San Luis Obispo, CA, July. ASAE Tech. Paper No. 86-2123.
11. Sammis, T.W., B.A. Kratky and I.P. Wu. 1988. Development of a trickle irrigated scheduling model. Fourth International Micro-irrigation congress. Vol. 2 pp 82.
12. Sammis, T.W. and Dave Jernigan. 1989. Crop water stress index of ornamental plants. Paper presented at ASAE meeting Quebec, Canada.
13. Sammis, T.W. 1989. Crop yield as affected by the uncertainty of water depth application. Paper presented at ASAE winter meet in New Orleans.
14. C. Gallardo, Z.A. Samani and T.W. Sammis. Irrigation and drainage proceedings of the 1990 National Conference ASCE, Durango, Co., July 11-13.
15. T.W. Sammis and Z.A. Samani. 1990. Drainage system designs as affected by deficit irrigation under shallow ground water conditions. Symposium on Land Drainage for Salinity Control in Arid and Semi-Arid Regions, Feb 25-Mar 2, 1990., Cairo, Egypt.
16. Mott, P. and T. W. Sammis. 1990. Automatic Weather Data Collection and Processing. ASAE meeting pp 902050, Columbus, OH, June 24-27, 1990.
17. Sammis, T.W. and R. Jackson. 1991. Computer controlled irrigation scheduling. Presented at ASAE symposium automated agriculture for the 21st cnetury, Dec. 16-17, Chicago, IL.
18. Asare D. K. , T. W. Sammis H. Assadian and J. L. Fowler 1992 Selection of the best computer irrigation scheduling model Volume 2 Advances in Planing design and management of irrigaiton system
19. Sammis, T. W. , R. A. Deitner, and D. l. Weeks. 1996. Reference Evapotranspiration Prediction using Simulated and Measured Climate. paper in Evapotranspiration and irrigation scheduling international conference of ASAE nov 3-6 1996 San Antonion, Texas
20. M. S. Al_jamal, S. Ball, T. W. Sammis 1999. Computing water use efficiencies for onions in New Mexico ASAE meeting July 18-21 Toronto, Ontario Canada
21. Sammis,T. W. M. S. Al Jamal, S. Ball and D Smeal 2000. Crop water use of onions. paper in proceedings 6th International Micro-irrigation congress Oct 22-27 Cape Town South Africa
22 Sammis, 2002 Scheduling irrigations for Pecans using Climate Data. Thirty-sixth Western Pecan Conference Proce. pp 89-96
23. Sammis, T. W. and J. G. Mexal 2002. The quotidian cycle of evapotranspiration from pecan trees 13 The conference on applied climatology 13-15 May Portland Oregon p275-278
Sammis, T. Allan
Andales, and Luke Simmons. 2004. Adjustment
of Closed Canopy Crop Coefficients of Pecans for Open Canopy Orchards. Pecan Conference proceedings March 7-9
25 Simmons, L.J., Miller, D.R., and T.W. Sammis.
Surface Renewal Measurements of Sensible Heat Flux in an
Irrigated Desert Pecan Orchard. extended abstract and
poster at 26th Conference on
Agricultural and Forest Meteorology.
27 August 2004,
26. Sammis, T.W. J.G. Mexal G.
Picchioni and D. Saucedo. Management Model for Land Application of Wastewater pp1-23
Irrigation Association Technical Meeting
27. Wang, J., T.W.
28. Wang, J., T. W. Sammis, C. A.
Meier, L. J. Simmons, D. R. Miller, and D. J. Bathke 2005
Remote Sensing Vegetation Recovery after Forest Fires using Energy Balance Algorithm Presented
at the Sixth Symposium on Fire and Forest Meteorology Sponsored
by American Meteorological Society Radisson
AB, Canada 2527 October, 2005